Throughout our long and stable history, Dermody Properties/DP Partners has collaborated with others to form various types of joint venture arrangements. We have partnered with financial entities, land owners, municipalities, and tenants. Some agreements were strategic and long-term in nature, while others were opportunistic and project-specific. The multitude of our JVs illustrates our creativity, flexibility, and desire to align interests to optimize performance for all stakeholders involved.
The following are select examples of some of our joint ventures:
- California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS)
- Lazard Frères & Co.
- California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS)
Each provided Dermody Properties/DP Partners with equity over the years for ownership and development in long-term, programmatic ventures.
- Great Point Investors, LLC advised Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) to invest with Dermody Properties/DP Partners in project-specific developments.
- Tejon Ranch Company (NYSE: TRC)
As the largest contiguous land owner in California, Tejon chose Dermody Properties/DP Partners to develop an industrial park within its 350-acre complex.
- Village of Sauk Village (near Chicago)
Sauk Village provided Dermody Properties/DP Partners with Tax Increment Financing (TIF) for large-scale infrastructure improvements and acquisition options to develop a 325-acre park.
- Portland Development Commission
Seeking creation of employment opportunities, this economic development agency selected Dermody Properties/DP Partners to develop an industrial project within an urban renewal area.
- ODC Integrated Logistics (now Ozburn-Hessey Logistics)
This Dermody Properties/DP Partners-Customer partnership enabled each party to expand nationally, resulting in developments in four states and decades of a successful relationship.